Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cottage Christmas Corner

Thought I would share my little cottage style Christmas corner. It is right outside my bedroom door and really doesn't have much natural light, but the only spots I can call my own are my bedroom, bathroom, and this little corner. 

I already had most of the things in the corner .

A little ironstone pitcher with some hand painted fabric flowers by my daughter.



a photo of my mother dressed for a high school dance. I love this. It normally hangs on the wall behind the table.



I set the photo on the table so I could hang this stocking I made last year.



I filled it with seashells and vintage lace.



Added back in the five dollar ginger jar lamp I got at an auction last summer.



and filled a basket that normally sits there with some faux white poinsettias and two sweet little deer. 





Voila my little cottage style Christmas corner.



My little deer whispered in my ear that it isn't Christmas without snow, so I gave them some.



Linking today with:
Tweak it Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
What's It Wednesday



  Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Love the photo and the vignette! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deer are lovely. Your mom looks so pretty. Her dress is charming. Sometimes I think pretty has gone out of style but it has a warmth and 'pleasure to the eye' quality more modern styles lack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the picture of your mom. That's something I'd see in an antique store and buy. Then I'd just tell people she's my long lost relative. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm lucky that she is actually my relative. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures and stocking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, this is so you I could have day dreamed it when I think of you. You deer whisperer you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweet corner, Laura. That picture of your mom is gorgeous!!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudia. My mom has always been a beautiful woman.

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet grouping. I love the little stuffed deer - adorable! -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. the photo of your mom is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos are all beautiful but the one of your mother is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty little corner! I love how you styled it. The stocking is sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little vignette you put in the corner is very pretty. Love the photo of your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the photo of you Mom, what a treasure.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That stocking is so pretty! I love the seashells and starfish in it, like a gift from nature!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that picture of your mother...she and the dress are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.