Recent Posts

Thursday, December 12, 2013

transformation on a thursday....live your life



source unknown

I have been downright cranky lately. I'm not sure of the exact cause, but I do know that I have not been eating as well as I normally do and I stopped walking because of the cold. So I sat myself down yesterday and gave myself a stern talking to. 

Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy, and I am definitely no exception. Yesterday I was feeling particularly grumbly. My car is pretty old and it has been acting up a bit. I need it to behave so I can drive it to Atlanta for Christmas. My finances are pretty slim and so I have been worried about how I am going to pay for any repairs. I decided to turn it over to the universe. I meditated and prayed and I know that it will work out somehow. I have no idea how, but I just believe that it will. I am off to the car repair place this morning to see what happens.

We all have burdens big and small, and sometimes they can just seem overwhelming. My grandmother was a very wise woman who told me worry would not add one day to my life. She was so right.

I am going to print out that list of things to do today, and I am going to tape it to my mirror where I will see it first thing each morning. I am going to practice making each day wonderful, and when I start to feel grumbly I am going to practice more.




  Pin It

15 comments:

  1. What I say a lot...probably too much is....It's always something! But I've heard the thing we worry about never comes to pass. I sure hope everything goes well with your vehicle and that you feel good day. I'm sending you lots of sweet hugs my friend. Sing those Christmas carols while you're driving! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year can be like that! I have missed a couple days walking because of the cold and can tell my stress level has gone up - time to bundle up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your positive attitude, Laura. I need a little bit of that! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Hugs to you today...because I think you could use some. Might be the repair people will work out a way to make payments..and fix the car for you. I pray they will. Seems there is always something ready to kick our butts...and here at holiday time just makes it even worse. But that positive attitude will help you . God is good. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. Saying a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to being grumpy over things not going my way. I'm sure we all can! Sorry that you're feeling hopeless. Hopefully, things will end up working out for you. I often tell myself that when I'm feeling overwhelmed. If I look back at my past, at things that used to upset me or nag at me, things often found a way of working out in the end. May not have been on my time schedule, but eventually did work it self out. Regarding worry, I can't agree more with your mom. It will harm you more than help you! The only healthy worry is the kind that motivates you to make changes in your life to fix the problem! That's it. Otherwise, it is a waste of an emotion. My mom was a big help to me when I was adjusting to my son being gone to boot camp. I was feeling a huge loss by him being gone because I couldn't talk to him. (Still can't). I called my mom and vented my pain to her and she said that all of these emotions would not make me see him a day earlier. It was only hurting my health. She was right! Now, I try to keep that perspective. However, we are all human and it isn't always easy to just turn off our emotions like a light switch. I started doing yoga to help me relax more and gave up caffeine since it was only fueling my anxiety. It has really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is a lot of pressure that comes with this holiday season. throw in icy, cold weather and i get into a funk, too. good luck with the car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying everything works out with getting the car fixed. This time of year can be so stressful but worrying doesn't help. Eat some healthy food and go for a walk. Do you know any yoga moves that will help you relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying that you get good news from the car repair shop today . I know that holidays can be so overwhelming. I do believe that when you throw our dreams out into the universe .. Our dreams are half way achieved. I pray many Christmas blessings your way my friend. xoxoxxo HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get your car fixed easily with minimal cost! Take time out of your busy day if you can to take a walk and enjoy nature. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am wishing you well with the car repairs. Hopefully it's nothing too serious or expensive. Praying for your safe travel to Atlanta & back home.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you well with this! I keep trying to be positive and it seems to be helping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good thoughts Laura, and wishing you a good outcome with the car. I totally agree.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope it urns out ok with your car. I worry all the time as well, even if I keep telling myself it's useless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smart grandma.:) I have a daily list as well. My advice about your car is to always get two to three free inspections. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.